Friday, April 13, 2007

News News

I find it very difficult to enthuse
Over the current news.
Just when you think that at least the outlook is so black that it can grow no blacker, it worsens,
And that is why I do not like the news, because there has never been an era when so many things were going so right for so many of the wrong persons.

-- Ogden Nash
True very true, Mr O. Nash. I personally find that watching news on telly is becomign rather a bore nowadays. Thankfully, at home, I am allowed just few minutes to watch the news, before the remote is snatched away from me. My children just love to watch Mr Shah Rukh Khan on the KBC, which has become under SRK a children's programme. I wonder why does not he, SRK, says Bacche aur Bacheuon, along with Ladies and Gentelmen, Boys and Girls, after he returns from breaks during the programme. Maybe he will say it soon. Another suggestion: maybe KBC should be renamed as ABCD (Aao Bano Crorepati Dude) to make it more popular among children!

The Telegraph, Kolkata, reports :
Tulsi Virani will soon be back in Pakistani drawing rooms. So would the new Kaun Banega Crorepati.
The ban is obviously lifted to keep the masses in Pakistan think of other things rather than when will Gen. Musharraf go or rather steps down. Will SRK keep people of Pakistan happy or distracted? I wonder.

No comments: