Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick reading

Yesterday I was delighted to come across a slim book (after reading fat books over the years, I have become partial to slim books), Twitterature, at the Strand Book Stall. It is the World's Greatest Books Retold Through Twitter. They are retold by Alexander Aciman and Emmett Rensin. I was surprised to know that both of them are just 19 years old. When did they got the time to read the world's greatest books. Anyway, it make for some wonderful and delighted reading. Here is a sample of two chapters of Great Expectations by Dickens (twitterature version):
I have to sit in the crazy woman's house. She lives in the basement sits in the same clothes. Her fiance really dodged a bullet there.
Her granddaughter Estella is pretty hot. She's is ten. I'm ten, too. All she does is make fun of me. Maybe it's my name.

Quite funny.

No comments: