Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sachinda, 100

Sachin Dev Burman [1 October 1906 -- 31 October 1975]

Today is the 100th birth anniversary of Sachin Dev Burman. If Sachinda were alive today, he would have turned a grand old man of 100.

A few days ago I was listening to one of Sachinda's composed song, from movie Bandini, which he himself has sung, and in that song there is a line in the first mukda

ho man kii kitaab se tuu, meraa naam hii miTaa denaa
gun to na thaa koii bhii, avagun mere bhulaa denaa
I realise while I was listening to this song on my iPod, I had tears in my eyes. Such is the power of lyrics and of course Sachinda's singing.



And the next song of Sachinda's in my iPod's SD playlist hai apanaa dil to aavaaraa, na jaane kis pe aayegaa made me smile.

Thank you thank you Sachinda for the wonderful and beautiful compositions.

No comments: