Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. -- The Dalai Lama
It is very easy to be unhappy --- just watch a cricket match involving India, or pick up a newspaper and both or either of them may make you unhappy.
So here are some of the my actions which makes me happy.
- Let us begin in the very beginning of the day. If I get up instantly on hearing the alarm set on my mobile (which is, btw, set for 5:45 a.m.), I feel happy. But this is quite rare, maybe just once or twice in a week. I mostly hit the snooze button.
- Over the past many years, I have been taking 7:20 a.m. train (now you know why the alarm is set at 5:45 a.m.) to commute to work. The train is unbelievably crowded even at such an early hour, and it is such a struggle to board the train. But I don't know why I like this train and try not to miss it. I feel happy if I managed to travel by this particular train.
- After reaching my office, the first thing I do is to dash off to our excellent canteen. There is a particular seat in the canteen, which is my favourite, from where one gets an excellent view of Arabian Sea. If I happen to occupy it, I feel happy. Coffee, Toast with Butter and a beautiful view can make anyone happy in the mornings.
- A hard day's work at office, with minimum goofing or wasting of time on non-consequential things makes me happy. Honestly.
- I feel happy when I listen to any RD or SD Burman song, at work or at home. As I am composing this post, I am listening to a fabulous RD song `Panna ki tamana hai ke heera mujhe mil jaye .... and I feel happy.
- I feel happy when I do not overstay at office in the evening and reach home on time, that is 7:35 p.m. Oh how happy I feel to see my wife and childrens. I hope they too feel happy to see me. If I reach on time, I get a royal reception from them, if I am late even by half an hour, I have lot of explanation to do.
- After dinner, we, that is I, my wife and children go to our building's terrace for a stroll. Nowadays it is sooo hot during the day, the cold breeze in late evening just makes me happy and makes me smile.
- And yes, I do feel happy composing a blog post like this, which I am sure no one will read, but since it is written, let it be there ...
BTW, this is my 300th post.