Monday, December 26, 2005

Movie of the Year -- Aapaharan

For me the movie of the year 2005 has been Aapaharan. As a self-imposed rule, I read the reviews of the movies on the net or in the newpapers, before seeing the movie. Reviews for Aapaharan were generally positive and so I went out to see this movie. This was the only movie, among very handful which I saw this year, which I really liked. This movie, starring my favvourite actor Ajay Devgan, Nana Patekar and others, shows the real life happenings in Bihar. One has been reading cases of kidnapping of persons, and also children, in Bihar in various media, but to see how true they are, is scandalous.

Ajay Devgan as the protagonist in the film is simple fantastic. What he conveys through his eyes and body language, is what acting is all about. Ajay has always been consistenly giving good performance in movies. What Kumars and Khans of the hindi films could not achieve on the screen, Ajay seems to do them effortlessly.

I am sticking my neck out and would say that next year (2006) Ajay Devgan will win all the major film awards for his role in Aapaharan (Screen, Filmfare, etc. etc.). Perhaps Aapaharan may also win the best film awards too.

No comments: