Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No more Newspapers for me

I have decided that no more newspapers for me. Reading newspaper is the train is really a nuisance for me and my fellow travellers. From now onwards, it will be books and books. Newspapers have mostly badly written articles and invariable had bad news from all over. For me now `no news is good news'!

Yesterday I read two fantastic short stories of P.G. Wodehouse : Jeeves and the Impending Doom and Jeeves and the Songs of Songs. Superb stories. I always wonder why Hindi movies are not made on the novels and stores of P.G. Wodehouse. Govinda would have made a good Bertram Wooster and Kadar Khan could have been good Jeeves. Or some of the funny movies of these two worthies inspired by P.G. Wodehouse's books!

2 comments:

Kusum Rohra said...

hey Raju i think Boman Irani as Bertram Wooster and Paresh Rawal as Jeeves will be d best combo Wht do u say?

Raju Bathija said...

On second thoughts I think Ajay Devgan will be better as Bertram Wooster. He was great in Ishq, better than Aamir. For Jeeves, you ae right, Paresh Rawal will be fantastic. Why don't they make a full length films on P.G. Wodehouse novels. I remember there was a T.V. serial (don't remember the name) based on Leave it to Psmith. It was quite good.