Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weekend Diary

This is my weekend diary for Weekend August 26 and 27, 2006.

Last Friday, I purchased a Titan watch for myself. In fact it is gift from my wife to me, on the occasion of our Marriage anniversary, which was on Monday, August 28. I always worn a Casio digital watch till now. For a change, I thought I will have an analog watch. This Titan watch is an analog one, with day and date display.

Last Friday night an interesting bit of conversation took place at dinner time. I, my wife and our daughter, Namrata (Noona), who is 9 years old, were having dinner at 9:00 p.m. Our son Sachin, was away as he was attending his classes. As we have cut off the cable network few days ago, nowadays we usually talk while having dinner. My wife was saying that she is quite worried about Sachin, about his studies, about his future and said that Sachin is main, and said I am not worried much about Noona. Noona who we thought was not listening, suddenly said, `oh Sachin is main, aur main kiya hoon. Main kiya Sachin ke cousin hoon. Aagar Sachin main hai to main be main hoon'. I and my wife were taken a bit by her outpouring. Of course what Noon was saying was absolutely correct. My wife and I hugged Noona and said yes, you too are main. Children are becoming quite smart and sharp at young age.

Last Saturday, we went to shop for a shirt for myself, which my wife wanted to gift to me, in addition to the watch. And I wanted to buy her a nice dress for her. After selecting a shirt for myself, which was chosen by Noona, we went to look for a dress for my wife. We were shown many dresses by the shop assistant, but none were of liking to my wife. Suddenly, Noona pulled out a dress from a pile, and whispered to me `Yeh dress lo, pappa, yeh aap ke shirt se match hogi'. She was right, the dress did had the same shade of colour as my shirt's colour. So both Noona and I pursuaded my wife to take that dress. She got it stitched quickly for wearing on Monday.

Last Sunday, we met to meet Poonam, my wife's niece, who has done B.E. in software engineering and had a good job at Pune. She had come down from Pune, where she lives, to Ulhasnagar to meet all of us. Poonam now has got an offer from a company in Helsinki, Finland, and will be joining them this week. It is very brave of Poonam to leave a good job and take up a job in distant foreign country. All the best to her. Sunday was also Ganesh Chaturthi.

Monday was my 16th marriage anniversary. It was on August 28, 1990 that I had got married. Sarita has been good wife to me over the years. I trust I have been a good husband to her. On Monday I had decided to take a day off from work, so has Sarita. We wanted to have some good quality time together on our important day. I read somewhere recently that marriage is the biggest comedy of life, but for the women. For men, marriage is the life's biggest tragedy. Well, everyone had their own experience about marriage. Mine had been good overall. In the evening, we and children went out to have dinner. Since it was Monday and days of Ganesh Chaturthi, so non-vegetarian fare was out of question. So we had Pizzas, Pav Bhaji followed by yummy Falooda. Since we both were wearing same shades, we decided to have a photograph of us taken at a photo studio, to make the day memorable.

Cross-posted from my other blog Raju's world.

3 comments:

Kusum Rohra said...

Oh wow! 16 years is a long time, wish you and aunty celebrate this day for many many years to come :)

The whole thing about wearing the same shade and getting a snap clicked was really cute, will you post that snap?

And that falooda looks yummy, where did you guys have it?

Raju Bathija said...

Kusum: Many thanks for your wishes :).

I have already posted that snap. Just click on `photograph'.

We had falooda at `Royal Ice Cream and Falooda Centre', which is near Shivaji Chowk, Ulhasnagar 3.

Kusum Rohra said...

Tee Hee. I checked the snap :)

And you my friend, have been tagged Again :D