Thursday, June 29, 2006

Forward: Management Lessons

Got the following forward by email. It is quite good.

A Professor at one of the IIM's (INDIA) was explaining marketing concepts to the Students:-

1.You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" - That's Direct Marketing

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says: "He's very rich. Marry him." - That's Advertising

3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say: "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." - That's Telemarketing

4. You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car)for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say: "By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?" - That's Public Relations

5. You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says: "You are very rich! Can you marry ! me?" - That's Brand Recognition

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face. - That's Customer Feedback

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband. - That's demand and supply gap

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him - That's competition eating into your market share

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say: "I'm rich, Marry me!" your wife arrives. - That's restriction for entering new markets

4 comments:

Tilly said...

I haven't stopped by for a little while- i seem to have no free time at all at the moment =(

This is very funny- i do like number 6- Customer Feedback *giggles

Your blog looks lovely- very bright and sunny- and the pictures of you by the angry sea are wonderful- the city in the distance is quite haunting..

A happy weekend to you Raju

Raju Bathija said...

Tilly: Thanks for the comments. Yes, I too think this template, soleil (which means Sun in French) is lovely. I hope I will stick with this. The part of the Mumbai city which is visible is distance is called Malabar Hill.
I saw the England-Portugal match on the weenkend. I felt sorry for England, they were so near the victory. Only if Rooney has not lost his cool.

Tilly said...

regards your template Raju- 'a change is as good as a rest' =)

Malabar City has a great skyline- do you go to that spot by the sea regular? If so, is the city more visible on bright days ...and do you ever visit that city?

The England-Portugal game was something else huh- there is footage on YouTube.com that shows that the referee blew the whistle before Rooney blew his top ... and the referee didn't react until Rooney pushed Ronaldo out of the way -all very silly school ground stuff really (aside from the stomping on of testicles- thats not good on any level) but sad that this happened to two team club team mates -i don't think Ronaldo will play at Manchester United again after this. He has voiced that he wants to leave anyway and it's likely he will go. He would have been vilified at all of the games in the Premiership.
Still, i shall watch the remaining games and i think i am hoping that Italy go on to win the tournament now =/

I hope you are well Raju and that you have had a wonderful weekend =))

Raju Bathija said...

Malabar Hill is actually a part of Mumbai city. In this area very rich people reside. The tall building you see is another area called Nariman Point (which is the business district of Mumbai). I go to the seaside spot of our office sometime. But nowdays that the rains have started, it is impossible to go there.

I could not find footage of where Rooney is shown red card, but I was able to find the footage of penalty shootouts.

I am now cheering for France now. I think it will be Germany v/s France in the Finals.