Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mid-Life Crises

I am in early forties (42 to be exact). Yesterday one of my dear friend pointed out to me that I have visible paunch and I must do something about it. He suggested few simple exercises. Since he is silm and trim (and also few years older than me) he demonstrated these excercises to me. The exercises seems simple enough to do. Well, I have started doing these exercises from today. My friend also advised me to avoid using lift and instead to use stairs. My office is on the 4th floor and my home is on the 5th floor. It will be difficult to break the habit of taking lift, but I will try, honestly to stick to both his advises.

I may be almost at a stage which could be called mid-life. I want to remain healthy. I am really scared of the day when I have to give up certain foods to remain healthy. I pity those people who, under doctor's advise, have to follow the food diet.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Ditto, I don't want to give up my favorite junk foods.
Hope you will stick to your exercise plan. I work on the 4th floor too but I work part-time so the climb has not gotten easier. I take a rest break half way up.

Raju Bathija said...

Carol: Thanks for your comments. Yes, I too hope that I will stick to my exercise plan.

Tilly said...

I hope you're both managing to keep with your exercise plans-
I struggle with the stairs in my home due to ill health and have found that little exercise is having so many bad effects on me =(

Raju- a little paunch isn't so bad =) I'm sure your wife loves you just the way you are =))

Raju Bathija said...

#tilly: Thanks for your comments. We both do little bit of exercise, which I hope will be a regular thing.