Monday, March 13, 2006

Himesh Reshammiya

Let me tell you a silly joke. Someone visit his friend after long time and as they were taking of that and this and this and that, Mr someone spotted two trophies, one small one and another quite big one, in his friends's living room. Upon quizzing about the trophies, his friend somewhat reluctantly to told him that he got the small one for for singing in a competition and the big one is for promising to giving up the singing forever!

Mr Himesh Reshammiya who gives quite a decent music score in the hindi films, nowadays has decided to turn into a playback singer himself and is become quite prolific at it! He has recently released a non-filmi ablum of songs (Aap Ka Saroor), in which all songs, naturally, are sung by him. As I am listener to local FM radios while travelling, I have to listen to songs sung by Himesh Reshammiya which have become quite popular (Ashik Banaya Aapne, Aksar). And these songs are played quite regularly by the RJs. Once I heared the same songs at two different station being played almost simultaneously! I was amuzed when during the last film awards melas, most of the award for the playback singing (male) went to him for title song of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, including FilmFare, Zee Cine Awards, etc. I am sick of listening his songs, which are so so high pitched and all of them sound so so similar. Now that he has got the big trophy, could he leave the singing to the established singers, and leave us to enjoy the music.

Enough of rant. I think either a) I should stop listening to the FM radio or b) buy myself an IPod Nano or similar portable MP3. Sigh ...

No comments: