Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Man on the Moon

This is my 150th Post. Thank you. Thank you. Actually I wanted to write about my 100th post, but it came and went, and I forgot to blog about it. Very careless of me.

Picture of Moon (from the BBC website)

BBC has reported that India and US are to explore the Moon. Well good luck to them. According to an article in the Wikipedia Moon landings of Apollo 11 on July 20, 1969 and subsequent missions never happened, but were instead staged and pre-filmed on Earth. Well, this Indo-US expdition planned for 2008 will be unmanned mission. But there are plans to send a Indian manned mission in the future. Please please send a Indian blogger (Amit Varma?) this time, train him as astronaut, of course, to have a pucca proof that a man has landed on the moon. That will be money well spent and we all have paisa vasool.

5 comments:

Kusum Rohra said...

You think Mr.Varma would want to go?

Raju Bathija said...

Well it is just a suggestion. Not to be taken seriously, of course.

amit varma said...

"Not to be taken seriously"? Damn, I'd already started packing... :)

Raju Bathija said...

Amit: sorry to disappoint you :). Maybe you may soon get to visit some other exotic place where there are lots of malls :). Thanks very much for your comments and visit.

Sanjeev said...

Amit: Let me know when you move in... I've always taken flights of fancy to the moon. A real one would be fun... (If you believe a talk I attended titled 'Breaking the Insanity Barrier', we all will be taking jaunts to space (Space Tourism) in our lifetimes. Right now, its 200,000$ but the price will come down in the next decade or too, I believe. Today's insanity is tomorrow's reality. Just have to hang around in suspension (to be suspended in space) till then.. ;)