Friday, April 07, 2006

Money Money

Bollywood stars Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukerji, Saif Ali Khan, Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra performed and danced during the closing ceremony in the last Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. Most of us simple-minded people thought wow, these stars are performing for the love of India, they must be proud to be an Indian, and I should also be brought to be an Indian, blah, blah. Nah, read this: Said Saif, “People enjoyed the show and told me they liked my performance immensely. I am proud to be an Indian, which is why I performed in Melbourne. What do you mean, I charged too much?” Rs 29 crore is the total amount which was spent by the gobvernment, which included stars' business class airfare, stay in hotels, meals, etc. etc, and their fees. So they did not performed for free. And I wonder how much money (mine and yours) our government will be spending on stars on closing and opening ceremony, organization of the next Commonwealth games, which are to be held in Delhi in 2010! Well, wait till 2010. Link

No comments: